UNIQUELY MANCHESTER CELEBRATES SUCCESS OF 2019 AND WELCOMES THE NEW DECADE
Wow it’s February already! It appears 2020 is carrying on where 2019 left off! We don’t know about you, but here at Uniquely Manchester HQ, 2019 went by in the blink of an eye…but what a year it was! We ended the year feeling extremely grateful to have experienced so many positives over the last 12 months, and incredibly excited about what the new decade has in store for Uniquely Manchester. But, most of all, we feel very lucky. Lucky to be able to pursue our passion for all things Manchester, lucky to work with so many talented local creatives who produce and supply the quality products that make Uniquely Manchester, well, unique. And lucky to have loyal, truly lovely, customers who love our stock as much as we do.
Uniquely Manchester’s 2019 highlights:
- Growing our gin and rum We now boast over 50 different gins and over 20 different rums! We also introduced the instantly popular bee gin glass and bee tumbler glass.
- The sales going bonkers one day for one particular item….our Rockstar Rum Pineapple Grenade! We couldn’t understand why until a customer rang asking for one and informed us it had just been reviewed on This Morning with Philip Schofield and Holly Willoughby - who loved it! (Holly was heard to say she was taking the rest of the bottle for the dressing room!).
- Manc-Hattan hit the headlines! Again, media related, the hits to our website went absolutely off the scale one day for what we thought was no reason…until we discovered The Guardian had done a piece about the growing skyline of Manchester and linked to one of the fabulous pieces in our Manchester modern retro art collection, entitled Manc-Hattan.
- Manchester gift sets proving to be a massive hit; especially when we provided bespoke gift sets for a celebrity agent and received the most amazing feedback!
- Venturing into the corporate gifting marketing, following much demand. We now offer a bespoke service for businesses who want to give Manchester themed, locally produced, gifts and gift sets.
- Working with some of Manchester’s premium hotels to provide Manchester gifts for VIP clients and customers, including producing bespoke aprons for one such hotel.
- Pulling out all the stops! We received an initial enquiry from a new corporate customer for VIP Manchester gift sets. They needed a number of bespoke gift by Friday. It was Tuesday . . . and we were lying on a beach in Portugal…
However, we managed to organise everything in preparation for our return (whilst still sunning ourselves)Then we hit the ground running when we landed in the early hours on the Thursday to deliver them in plenty of time on the Friday. Job done! (and a few self-congratulatory much needed drinks enjoyed later that day….)
There are many other highlights for 2019 and we are so proud and so delighted for all the support we’ve had – and continue to have - as a (still fairly new) independent business.
Looking ahead we have some exciting plans for 2020, with a selection of new Manchester artists and designers adding more fantastic items to our incredible range. We will also be expanding the product ranges from our extremely talented existing makers and creators.
We’ll have lots of new products to tell you about throughout the year, so keep posted and keep following us on social media to be first in the know.
And remember, if you are looking for something personalised or bespoke just ask the question…if we can do it for you, we will! (although try to give us a bit of notice…and preferably don’t ask for it while we are sunning ourselves on a beach…ideally….)
Finally, to each and every one of you who have supported Uniquely Manchester, bought from Uniquely Manchester or supplied products for Uniquely Manchester – THANK YOU!